Thursday, June 19, 2014

9 Obvious Questions That Bother Every New Mother


I'm a six-month-old mother myself, so I can really understand the importance as well as the gravity of a number of worries every new mom would go though. My life has changed completely, so have my priorities. Six months into mommyhood have taught me a zillion things I had never, even in my wildest of dreams, thought I would come to terms with. It's a surreal feeling – the kinds that I just want to keep taking pleasure in... forever and ever! However, there have been my own moments of anxieties and fears. These have been the serious concerns that gave me distressed days and sleepless nights for the first three months before I began to relish the beauty of the bond I share with my handsome angel. Here are 9 fears every new mother goes through; believe me, it is absolutely amazing to even live with these concerns!

1. Am I Taking The Best Care Of My Baby?

Every new mother goes through this phase. She is certainly doing the best, yet is always thinking of ways to get even better the next time. Adorable moms, you know.


2. Is My Baby Satisfied With My Feed?

A new-born is completely dependent on his mother's milk for at least the first six months. Hence, the breast-feeding mother is constantly under pressure as to whether her baby is getting enough milk from her or not.


3. Why Is My Baby Crying?

Too much, that is. It breaks every mom's heart to see her bundle of joy in tears. And when it's a really little baby, the mom gets a mini heart attack.


4. Why Is My Baby Not Crying?

Baby has been mum for a little over half an hour, mommy senses tension. And starts panicking. As doctors say it's a healthy practice for the infants to cry, a mother skips a heartbeat or two if her sugar candy hasn't cried since an hour.


5. Is My Baby Feeling Too Cold Or Too Hot?

A new mother is super concerned about her baby's body temperature, and all she wants is to put her little angel's body warm or cold enough (depends on the weather and the season). Not even a doctor can assure her that the baby is just fine if she has decided to worry about it.


6. Should I Take My Baby To The Doctor?

Baby sneezes; mother takes her to the doctor. Baby coughs; mother takes her to the doctor. Baby gets cold; mother takes her to the doctor. Baby cries a lot; mother takes her to the doctor. Baby doesn't cry; mother takes her to the doctor. You get the idea what I mean, right?


7. Will My Baby Start Doing Everything At The Right Time?

Crawling, walking, giggling, laughing, teething, talking... everything!


8. Have I Missed Any Important Vaccination?

Though she strictly maintains a vaccination calendar for her baby and keeps checking it every second day, she is still relentlessly praying not to miss her honeybunch's next injection.


9. Will I Be A Good Mother?

This tension keeps every mom on her toes... well, literally! She does everything in her power (goes beyond too, if need be) so as to provide her kid a childhood he would always cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment